Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a delicious Thanksgiving! Some friends from the church we've been attending here invited us to their family gathering. There were about 15 cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents there + us. It was a lovely time! I was on the lookout for any new Southern traditions or holiday foods, but it was pretty similar to my past Thanksgivings.

A couple items:
  • They call the baked bread-cube product "dressing," not "stuffing." Their version was homemade in a giant pan. No Stovetop here!
  • This particular family enjoys a variety of Jello salads. I know some people think they are weird, but I found them to be tasty!
  • There were no mashed potatoes. They had mashed sweet potatoes, but no regular potatoes. But based on what some of the cooks said, I think this was an unintentional oversight rather than a Southern tradition :)

Here's my plate after the first trip through the line.  


In terms of pre- and post-dinner activities, we chatted and watched football on TV. Then DF broke out the board games. A fun time was had by all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment