Saturday, January 17, 2015

Thanksgiving (Belatedly)

(On a quiet Saturday morning, I'm trying to finally catch up on the blog...)

For Thanksgiving this year, we again stayed in Memphis. To kick the day off right, I made French toast and turkey bacon. Isn't that how it works - Thanksgiving = turkey at every meal?



We had several invitations for Thanksgiving dinner. I love Memphians' commitment to friendliness and hospitality! Hopefully some of it is rubbing off on me :)

We joined 3 generations of an extended family for Thanksgiving dinner at a cool historic home in the city. (Not as famous as these, but still snazzy!) I think there were about 16 people or so, though I may have lost count. It was a festive affair with no shortage of good conversation and football games. DF and I also brought some board games to play with the kids. They liked a train game called TransAmerica.

The meal included smoked turkey (made in a Big Green Egg, of course) and it was delicious! Gorgeous table settings also enhanced everyone's appetites, I'm sure.




For the dessert table, I brought pecan cheesecake squares. They didn't turn out quite as gorgeously as the photo on the website, but I still thought they were tasty :) And now that it's well past the event, I can confess that I used Tofutti Cream "Cheese" to make them dairy-free, and no one even noticed. Bwah hah hah!


I'm thankful for good friends in a new city!



No comments:

Post a Comment