Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Grilling Out

With the arrival of spring, we hauled our (new-to-us) grill out of the garage and fired it up!

What we've cooked so far:

  • Burgers
  • Hot dogs (they were fancy hot dogs, really!)
  • Beef kabobs
  • Potatoes
  • Asparagus
  • Pineapple

I'm the prep chef, and DF is the grill master. I realized that, although I think of myself as an enlightened woman of the 21st century, I still expected DF to just know how to use a propane grill - like, it's a skill that resides on the Y-chromosome or something.

In reality, neither of us have ever really grilled much before. It's a learning experience which, to date, hasn't resulted in any explosions. Yay! I think we probably need to try smoking something to be authentic Memphians :)

No comments:

Post a Comment