Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Humidity: June

Summers in Memphis are usually described as "sticky," "sweltering," and other such words. So far, though, I'd say Memphis has been splendid! Yes, it's humid here, but it doesn't seem as gross as Washington DC. Caveat: when I lived in DC, I was walking 12 minutes one way to the Metro station in my work clothes, whereas my current lifestyle rarely requires that I step outdoors. Limited exposure may have something to do with my perception of Memphis weather as tolerable. Also, I've heard that it hasn't really gotten "hot" here yet. Ummm, it hit 95 the other day...that seemed pretty toasty.

Overall, I don't mind humidity. It makes my skin feel healthy and keeps the plants green. When we were on vacation in the Caribbean, it was soothing to be surrounded by tropical, lush sea breezes. As long as I have an air conditioned apartment where I can camp out, I enjoy limited exposure to this June weather.

Of course, I reserve the right to come back in July or August to post a whiny rant about how much I hate Memphis in the summer :)

Relative Humidity Map - USA

No comments:

Post a Comment