Friday, December 18, 2015

Kids Are Entertaining

Yesterday the boys were fussing, so in an attempt to entertain them, I picked up this rattle-ball toy and started tossing it back and forth. Oh my gosh, they thought it was hilarious! They totally started cracking up and laughed for like 5 minutes straight. I couldn't help but laugh along with them, even though I didn't know what was so funny about the ball. Apparently it's still funny today, too (I checked this morning).


ha ha ha ha ha!

This episode got me thinking about some of my own childhood memories of laughing fits. My sister and I used to sing "Ba Ba Black Sheep" but for the last line, instead of "lives down the lane," we said "crawls down my leg!" We thought this was the funniest thing ever, and we'd literally roll around on the floor, unable to stop giggling about it. Even thinking about it now, it seems funny :)

Of course, sometimes kids aren't as funny as they think they are. I recall being about six or so when I realized I could laugh like Woody Woodpecker. This seemed like such a neat trick that I would go around showing off my skill to anyone who would listen. Now as an adult, I understand that pretty much everyone can laugh like Woody and anyone who smiled at my impression was probably just humoring a little kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment