Monday, November 20, 2017

Snippets of Toddler-hood

The boys are so creative and imaginative these days. Life is fun with two 2-year-olds! Here are a few things they've been pretending lately.

  • Being a witch who blows bubbles on people/animals to turn them into frogs (idea came from their favorite episode of Bubble Guppies)
  • Daddy is a car with a radio that plays music (Daddy helps out by singing "la la la")
  • Everything becomes a bulldozer, dump truck, mixer truck, or other vehicle. Sandwich crusts are tow trucks, watermelon rinds are boats, etc 
  • Fires, fires everywhere. They are constantly playing firefighter. Problem there is they get really mad when brother pretends to spray their head/face with a fire hose...
  • They have babies growing in their tummies and are going to be daddies. Uh, what?? I don't know what prompted this one, except we did recently get a book with a pregnant person in it.
  • Everything is a baby that cries, drinks a bottle, and needs a diaper change. Not just stuffed animals - a toy truck has also needed a bottle. This is cute until both of their babies start crying and they shove them into my arms! I tell them I already took care of twin babies so now it's their turn.


I'm tapping into the power of imagination for their own good. When we went to get flu shots last week, we practiced what we learned from Daniel Tiger - "Close your eyes and think of something happy." Gibson said he would think about a bulldozer. He only let out one little yelp when he got his shot! I was so proud of him, and of myself because apparently I did not pass on my childhood needle anxiety to him. Gus was a bit more, uh, expressive in his protests, but he still got a sticker at the end of the ordeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment