Monday, November 14, 2016

Coziness

As the weather finally cools down in the mid-South, I'm enjoying this cozy season of the year. It's time to break out our boots, scarves, and puffy vests. I put flannel sheets on the bed, and now I can go to sleep more easily because I'm not cold! When I opened my sweater drawer the other day, I felt like I was saying hello to old friends who I hadn't seen in months.

Oh, and slippers! I almost forgot about my toasty toes. Last year, I received these excellent slippers as a Christmas present (the brand is Haflinger, if you're curious). They are perfect for our house with hardwood floors because they are made of wool (for warmth), plus they have these texturized dots on the bottom to provide traction without being noisy. My previous slippers had plastic (?) soles, so I was always clacking around, and I'd kick them off in the hallway before going in to bedroom to check on sleeping babies.



Summer lasted too long this year, in my opinion. I was tired of being hot and sweaty all the time. Does this love of cold weather make me not a Southerner? Or, does the fact that I feel like 60 degrees is cold mean I have adapted to my current climate?

Hello, fall!

p.s. Stay tuned for March when I start whining with, "Brr, I'm cold! I'm tired of sleeping on flannel sheets! When is spring going to get here??"

No comments:

Post a Comment