Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Snacks, Snacks, and More Snacks

I decided to write down everything the boys ate yesterday. I thought it might be interesting. What I realized is that they are basically subsisting on a variety of crackers! I mean, I was aware of their fondness for crackers, but I guess I didn't quite notice how much it's become the centerpiece of their diet...

This is what they ate together. In general, Gus eats more than Gibson, though they both take delight in throwing food on the floor.

Breakfast

  • 1 1/2 bananas
  • 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter & honey
  • 1 kiwi (that was all Gus)
  • almond milk
  • Amount thrown on floor = minimal


Snack

  • Cheerios, mostly thrown on the floor
  • water


Lunch

  • 2 slices of deli turkey (a lot on floor)
  • steamed sweet potatoes - not sure of quantity, let's say one large mommy-sized handful (a lot to the floor as well)
  • 9 blackberries
  • 1/2 a strawberry soy yogurt
  • copious amounts of Ritz crackers
  • almond milk


Snack

  • Cheerios, ate about 3 off the tray then threw the rest overboard. Later ate most of them off the floor/high chair footrest
  • a lot of animal crackers
  • water


Yes, Another Snack

  • 10 saltine crackers, eaten while walking around, leaving cracker crumbs all over the kitchen
  • water


Dinner

  • 3/4 cup pasta with tomato and meat sauce
  • 12 green beans
  • 3 small mommy-sized handfuls of blueberries
  • rest of the yogurt from lunch, mostly smeared around tray/flung on self/wiped in hair
  • almond milk
  • Amount thrown on floor was pretty low this meal. Maybe they were hungry for something other than crackers! Or perhaps it's because I gave them forks and plates - usually we just do finger food, but I heard I'm supposed to teach them to be civilized at some point.


Snack

  • 1 Three Musketeers fun-size bar, cut up into little pieces and surprisingly not thrown on the floor :)
  • a mountain of Ritz crackers
  • they also begged for noodles out of the soup I was eating, then dropped them on the floor

No comments:

Post a Comment