Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving Dinner

It's my first year to cook a full Thanksgiving dinner! How maternal of me to do it now, ha ha. We're having a cozy family celebration with just the four of us today. I tried to plan a meal the kids could eat. And I'm not making anything too fancy because, well, we aren't that fancy :)

I was hoping the kids would just take one long nap today because that would work best with the original eating and Skyping schedule. But they haven't been interested in doing that for the last couple days, plus my timeline just got pushed back due to turkey troubles. So we shall see what the day holds!

Complications so far:

  • 1 finger tip burned when removing pie from oven, even when wearing an oven mitt
  • 1 turkey not defrosted on time. I followed the Butterball recommendation of 2.5 days of thawing for a 10lb turkey. Actually, it was in the fridge for almost 3 days, but it was still half-frozen this morning! This turkey is Kroger-brand, not Butterball. Does Kroger freeze their turkeys extra solid or something??

You can check out my meal prep spreadsheet here. I wanted to be sure I remembered everything! As you can see, we like our carbs :) Everything will be dairy-free except for the Stovetop stuffing, made with butter because ewww margarine.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my readers! May your turkeys be tasty and your celebrating be festive.

No comments:

Post a Comment